Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 8 - My Bed to the Couch - 0 miles - Rest Day


Rest Day. Awesome. Gave the knees some much needed rest.


I thought I was going to sleep in this morning as if I were still in an undergrad at CU skipping my Western Lit class. But much to my dismay I was up bright and early at 7:30 - guess my body is just getting used to it.


Court and I had a leisurely morning, during which, I updated the blog and took care of internet doohickey business. In the late morning Court took me down to the strip for some breakfast. The strip is a hip little area, where the suits mix it up with the cool, just east of the high-rises of Pittsburgh.


After finishing my breakfast and Court's we went for a drive through the city, checking the sites and purchasing some gear from an REI. To my surprise I had some dividends saved up and my items were FREE - booyah! We then went to the Warhol museum and checked out the work of a seriously strange man - at least that's what his art says to me. What a trip I had in there. My mind was wandering to-and-fro as I could feel every synapse firing. I can't even imagine what was going on in Warhol's mind to allow him to make such interesting and ultimately strange art.


So, the guy took a camera everywhere he went, right. Imma bet that he was just "that guy" at parties and functions before he became famous. I can imagine his friends and acquaintences saying, "Oh man, here comes that Warhol again. He always has that f#$%in' camera. Why do we invite him to these things?" The guy recorded everything.


One other piece that is incredibly intriguing is the Last Supper print he did, in which, he made two prints side by side on pink. You know the Last Supper? The one with Jesus and pals - though I'm pretty sure the old man to the left was about to stab JC. Just take a look at this painting and analyze it as if it were modern day and think about what each person is thinking and/or doing. It's a blast and rather hilarious. I mean, there's obviously one guy that knows some business is about to go down and all he wants is one more beer so he can get the hell outta there.

All-in-all today was great. Nice and relaxing. And amazingly it seemed to go on forever. I could tell that hopping back on a bike would be a bit of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment