Monday, March 29, 2010

THE WHAT

What is A Ride Against Lymphoma you ask? Well, it’s simple really. It is a cross-country charity bike ride that starts in New York City and ends in San Francisco. At the moment it is a solo ride but anyone and everyone are more than welcome to join up for a leg or two or even seventy-two.

The charity you ask, well that would be the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF). The LRF will benefit directly from the ride. Now, the LRF did not set-up the ride, nor are they organizing or supporting the ride, but they have have been generous enough to work with me and accept donations on my behalf as well as throw a little social media marketing my way. One hundred precent of donations will go directly the the LRF. Learn more about the LRF at www.lymphoma.org.

Now here comes the meat and potatoes. My dad died in 2001 after a nine month battle with Burkitt’s Lymphoma, hence the cause, charity and title for this ride. He was an avid cyclist and yearned for long treks and journeys. I imagine if he were still around he’d join me and pedal every single mile of the way. So as much as this ride is for me, it is for my dad, my family and all those affected by the illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment